In April, Collier County Public Schools announced that we will be locking the front doors of schools during the day as an additional later of security beginning in the 2018-2019 school year. As of August 10, 2018, the front doors at all 50 CCPS campuses will be LOCKED and visitors must show a valid photo ID in order to enter. This is an enhancement to the existing visitor screening procedures currently in place.
• Guests arriving on campus will request access using the access control device next to the school front door.
• When the front office staff answers, the guest will be asked for their name, and the reason for their visit, which may include their child’s name.
• All visitors will be asked to display photo identification to the camera.
• Once approved and granted access, our guests will again present photo identification and will receive a visitor’s pass using the existing visitor screening system.
• Guests should plan to arrive at our schools earlier to expedite their visit.
Prioritizing student and staff safety is a commitment we all share. There have been many challenges this year and we continue to meet them together. Please contact your child’s principal with any questions. Thank you again for your continued support in keeping our students and staff members safe and secure.